Updated: Jun 19
We know how eager you are to find out what's next for Len's Island. The team have put their heads together to sketch out a rough roadmap of the new content we intend to add to the game within the next 6 months.
We've also taken note of all community feedback across Steam, Discord, YouTube, Twitter, emails, and our website. All of the most noteworthy suggestions and feedback have been integrated into this roadmap and we will continue to update Len's Island alongside the communities ideas. Take a look below for what we've planned for the first half of 2023!
~ Roadmap Update Timeline ~
Currents and Controllers (March - Released)
- Improving combat & dungeon crawling throughout the game.
- Rebalancing and potentially altering current weapon sets to make each weapon class be more unique.
- Basic controller support implemented and improved over the duration of road map. This controller support will include fully functional and re-mappable player controls, with virtual-cursor controls for all of the UI and menus. Eventually we will aim to rebuild the UI and menus in the game to cater to controllers better, this is just the start.
- Ocean currents system (speed boost areas for boats).
Underworld Update (August - In Progress)
- New hardcore dungeon levels implemented for every dungeon in the game.
- Dungeons and caves will be split up to enhance the dungeon crawling experience.
- New procedurally generated underworld cave system that links to the whole map of Len's Island.
- Mushroom farms can be farmed within the cave system.
- Ability to build inside the new procedural caves.
- New armour and cosmetic item system, adding collectable wearable items that can be acquired from villagers, exploring, killing bosses and more.
- Unique effects and abilities that unlock with pieces of armour/special wearables.
Weapon and Combat Overhall
- Rebalancing all weapons and remaking all attacks and abilities.
- The capability to enchant all weapons, armour and tools with unique abilities.
Updated Player Model and Clothing
- Improving quality of Len's player model.
- Add new clothing system to enable high definition clothing and community made content.
- Wide variety of new clothing added to the game.
- Splitting up town across the whole world and change the progression and trading of each one.
- Bridgewater will no longer exist to make way for new town system.
- New villagers will be added to the game with new items for trade.
New Enemy and Animal Navigation
- Enemies and future animals navigating throughout the entire world and player built structures.
- Adding the first wild animal type into the game.
New Storage Items
- Various new storage items added.
- Updating the current skilltree to add further detail and improve reward system.
ACT 4 UPDATE (TBC)
The 4th and second last act of the game, more info will come closer to release.
- More biomes, many more islands.
- Wave-based dungeons.
- New enemies and boss.
The plan over the next 12 months is to finish the content of Len's Island, which means finishing acts 4 and 5 of the game, as well as finishing any outstanding features that need to be added. The full-release out of early-access is planned to be 12-18 months from now, which will see all 5 acts released, along with *hopefully* co-op multiplayer being added. Along with an array of various other things.
We will be consistently sharing progress and updates across our socials, but Discord is always the best place to get the most up to date info.
Thanks for reading ~ Julian